Using rodent poison
If you know that you have a rat or mouse infestation then you may be tempted to use a commercial rodent poison to take care of your problem. However, while poison is an effective way to deal with a rodent infestation, many of the poison products are not very effective.
This is because, to kill rats and mice, the poison used needs to be very carefully measured and gauged for its strength. The most effective rodent poisons are only available for professional use, so you may struggle to control your rodent infestation with an off-the-shelf solution and for many people, and especially for business premises handling food, they simply cannot wait around to see if the poison is effective or not.
Professional grade mouse poison is highly regulated and can only be used indoors to avoid poisoning wildlife or domestic pets. This is why The Health & Safety Executive has restricted the sale of professional-grade rodent poisons to keep it out of the hands of the general public.
While rodent poison is very effective in eradicating infestations, sometimes you may need to or prefer to use alternative methods such as mouse bait boxes, mouse traps or live capture techniques. These can be effective when you don’t want to risk the health of your pet cat or dog should they eat a rodent that been poisoned, or you have young children around.
Do not hesitate to get in touch with our team who will be happy to discuss your rodent pest control problem and sort out a quick solution for you.